Enhanced English Language and Job Search Training Program for Newcomers to Canada - October Start Date - Information Sessions: Wednesday @ 10:00 a.m. - This event has already occurred
Wednesday, October 12, 2022 10:00 am
Upcoming Dates:Wednesday, October 19, 2022 10:00 am
Wednesday, October 26, 2022 10:00 am
View on Google Maps
Enhance your workplace language skills and get Canadian work experience, all in one comprehensive program:
- Free, full-time e-learning and in class program with employment focus and sector-specific information (Accounting & Finance, Teaching & Education, Information Technology, Office Administration & Customer Services)
- 9 weeks of training provided through instructor-led and interactive learning modules
- Improve workplace language skills for effective communication
- Learn about the Canadian labour market, résumé writing, job search strategies and more
- One-on-one job search support including mock interviews with employers
Who can join this program?
- Permanent residents of Canada
- Convention refugees or protected persons
- Newcomers accepted as permanent residents with confirmation from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
- Prior experience in the related fields are required
- Participants should have Canadian Language Benchmark 5 or higher. NOTE: Language assessment will be arranged.
Information sessions to learn about the program are held online every Wednesday at 10:00 a.m. via Zoom. To attend an information session, call 647-725-1681 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please join the information session here.
Newcomers / Permanent Residents
Language Classes (English Conversation Circles, ESL, ELT, FSL, LINC, etc.)